This is a yummy yoghurt bowl which is a really good way to start your morning, or it’s a nice way to end the day. It’s really handy if you’ve got to the end of the day and realised that you haven’t managed to squeeze enough protein in. If you make a batch of the jam the night before, then it’s a super quick, healthy breakfast. You could even add some fresh fruit if you fancied.
To make the compote
- 1 big bag of frozen, mixed berries
- 1 generous glug of maple syrup (you can always add more to taste later)
- three tablespoons of water
- three teaspoons of chia seeds
- Throw all the ingredients into a pan and heat on the stove;
- mash up the berries with a fork;
- leave to cool.
Ingredients for the Yoghurt Bowl
- Three tablespoons of Greek yoghurt;
- 30 grams of protein powder of your choice – I used salted caramel (Bulk Powders – it’s soo good!)
- Granola (I used the high protein stuff)
- Compote from above
To make the Yoghurt Bowl
- Mix the Greek yoghurt with the protein powder in a bowl;
- spoon on the compote (as much as you want – it’s delicious);
- Sprinkle on a small handful of granola;
- Add whatever toppings on that you want – half a banana would be lovely (freeze other half for smoothies!)
I hope you enjoy this recipe – let me know if you try it and what you use as your toppings! Enjoy!