This protein-packed blueberry and banana smoothie bowl is ready in less than a minute and is simply delicious. I’ve been unwell this week, to the extent that just standing is difficult, so the only food that I’ve been able to prepare is of the quick and easy variety. That said, I’m trying to feed my body nutrients so I wasn’t going to compromise with an easy, but nutrient poor, breakfast. The frozen ingredients in the recipe make this breakfast nice and cold, which soothed my throat a treat.
I’d recommend this smoothie if you’re ill, or if you’re not because it really is good. I’ll be having this again on a busy work day.
- 1 banana (frozen is ideal but fresh is absolutely fine
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- A handful of frozen blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 150-200 ml milk of your choice
- High protein granola (or whatever else you fancy)
- Roughly chop the banana into your blender (I use a Nutribullet for smoothies)
- Throw in the blueberries and yogurt then top with milk
- blend until you have a smooth consistency
- add the protein powder and blend again
- Pour into a bowl and add topping.